Online Discussion “New Developments in IP Statutes and Case Law: How Will Businesses Be Affected?”
The rapid digitalization and AI implementation have created new challenges in regulating and protecting intellectual property rights, which has given rise to numerous legislative initiatives. Regulators have made a great effort to simplify the procedures of interacting with both executive and judicial authorities. The courts, in turn, have been developing a new, interesting practice of protecting the rights to trademarks and employee intellectual property, as well as fighting unfair competition.
What trends should be taken into account to successfully operate in the new year? What new developments did lawmakers draft and how will they affect businesses? What is suggested by the show case law? Attorneys of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners are going to answer these and other topical questions during an online discussion on February 11, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30.
Topics for discussion*:
- Review of the most important legislative developments and latest IP-related case law
- New rules for dispute resolution in the Chamber for Patent Disputes: procedural tips for successful interaction
- Employee intellectual property: conclusions from the case law. New rules for payment of employee patent fees: how and when shall those operate?
- Current unfair competitive practices: what is to be taken into account
- New digital economy regulations: pilot treatments, digital financial assets and crowdfunding
- Helen AVAKYAN, Counsel at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Pavel SADOVSKY, Counsel
- Daria SERGEEVA, Senior Associate
- Denis GAVRILOV, Counsel
- Maxim BURDA, Senior Associate
PROCEDURE FOR ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION**:
Attendance is free of charge.
Advance registration is required:
Please register specifying your business email address, position and contact details.
We will send the connection details to each confirmed attendee shortly before the event.
Contacts: Alina Zoreva, Yulia Kozlova, +7 (812) 322 96 81, email@example.com.
* The program is subject to amendments.
** The event is off limits to law and consulting firms, private lawyers and attorneys. The organizers reserve the right to deny attendance.