21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Anna Kalashnikova advises and represents clients in cases before Russian arbitrazh courts and courts of general jurisdiction, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation. Anna is also experienced in arbitrations under the ICAC and LCIA rules and cross-border dispute coordination.
Anna specializes in commercial disputes, disputes with regulatory authorities, as well as disputes in the sphere of insurance, transportation and ecology.
Successful projects have included the following:
- Defending the interests of an international hitchhiker search service in a class action lawsuit to ban the service from operating on the territory of the Russian Federation and to have the information on the platform recognised as prohibited for distribution.
- Defended the interests of the Far East's largest timber industry holding in a case for compensation of RUB 4bn for environmental damage.
- Represented a premium passenger transportation service in cases challenging unlawful claims made by state authorities, as well as defending the client's interests in administrative offence cases.
- Represented a stevedore and user of a railway station in Primorsky Territory whose reconstruction project did not accommodate the client's interests in using the station and involved expropriation of the client's land plot.
- Represented a major insurance company in a corporate conflict and in a case for recovery of more than RUB 25 bn of insurance compensation.
- Representing a fertiliser manufacturer in a dispute over the execution of a loan note purchase agreement under the rules of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, as well as before the Russian state courts when recognising the agreement as null and void.
- Support of disputes in the interests of an international air carrier in connection with the cancellation of tickets purchased due to a technical error.
- Defending interests in a number of disputes with a contractor and guarantor in connection with construction of an airport in the Far East.
Anna graduated from the Faculty of Law of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (with honours) and also obtained a master's degree from the Russian School of Private Law.
She is a member of the Moscow Bar and is fluent in English.