21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Denis Golubev advises and represents clients in commercial disputes in arbitrazh courts and general jurisdiction courts of all instances.
His recent highlights are:
- Protecting a wealthy business owner in a dispute with a former business partner, who tried to unlawfully recover several million US dollars from the client using forged loan agreements.
- Providing legal assistance to a European energy company in the course of the enforcement in Russia of a ruling made by the Commercial Court of Antwerp that negatively impacted the client.
- Protecting the largest Russian aircraft manufacturer in a number of unrelated disputes with the Russian Ministry of Defense over the termination of government contracts, the forfeiture of advance payments and the recovery of penalties amounting to RUB 4bn.
- Protecting the general contractor of a large transport facility in a dispute arising from the termination of a government contract.
- Acting for members of the board of directors of a car manufacturer in a claim filed by minority shareholders seeking to recover multi-billion rubles losses.
Denis specializes in disputes over breaches of environmental law, among other areas. In recent years, he has protected an international beverage company and an aircraft manufacturer in disputes over the recovery of fees involving the negative impact on centralized wastewater collection systems, as well as a major Russian agrobiological company in a precedent-setting dispute over the recovery of a debt for non-contractual consumption and a metals company in a dispute over the recovery of pollution charges amounting to RUB 1.9bn.
He has great expertise in both pre-action settlements and legal representation of clients in defamation disputes. His track record includes protecting the head of Russia’s largest aluminum company during the pre-action stage of a media-related claims settlement and in litigation involving business reputation and privacy protection. Examples of this include protecting a co-owner of a major holding (a former senator of the Federation Council) in a defamation case involving a State Duma deputy, and advising a top manager of a large transportation company as related to defamation in media and blogs, among other things.
Denis also advises on family law and often handles divorce proceedings, providing legal assistance as related to the division of property, obtainment of alimony, and child custody through legal proceedings. His clients are owners and top managers of the largest Russian companies and their family members.
Denis graduated from Saratov State Academy of Law (2010) and earned his master’s degree in private law from the Russian School for Private Law (2012).
He has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.