21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Julia Bobrova has extensive experience in handling complex civil, corporate and bankruptcy litigations, in addition to administrative and IP disputes. Her experience involves acting on behalf of clients before Russian arbitrazh (commercial) courts and courts of general jurisdiction, including the Russian Supreme Court, the Russian Supreme Arbitrazh Court, the ICAC at the Russian Chamber of Industry and Trade, and international arbitration courts as well.
Julia specialises in comprehensive litigations involving corporate and bankruptcy law matters. She has significant experience in advising on the development of strategy and tactics for conducting bankruptcy proceedings, both on the side of creditors and debtors.
Julia’s recent career highlights include:
- Defending former shareholders of a major bank against the banks’ temporary insolvency administration which was seeking to invalidate some transactions as those had been entered on the terms knowingly unbeneficial for the bank. Julia and her team managed to find a right court strategy and collect sufficient evidence for the court to keep most agreements valid.
- Representing a petrochemical plant in a series of related litigations against two general contractors hired by the client to construct a new plant. Julia and her team prevented a controlled bankruptcy of the contractors, and as a result, the client avoided forfeiting considerable assets.
- Developing and implementing a strategy to minimize the risks of subsidiary liability for a client and its beneficiary owners, in relation to a business partner’s debts before a large private bank and holding company, which were in a pre-bankruptcy condition.
- Successfully representing a German shipyard before the ICAC at the Russian Chamber of Industry and Trade in a dispute concerning a contract for constructing an icebreaker superstructure. Following a thorough collection of evidence, including expert opinions on the shipbuilding economy, the calculation of damages suffered, as well as the development of an efficient procedural strategy, Julia’s team saved the client over ₽220m as a result of the court’s decision.
- Representing Alvarez & Marsal, a major international company specialising in anti-crisis management and asset searches, which was appointed by an English court to manage the assets of the Kazakhstan-based BTA Bank. After defending the client in over 30 disputes, a victory was secured in the multi-episode corporate conflict and corporate control over the White Sea Group companies (Belomorskaya Oil Terminal and Seaport Vitino) and subsidiaries held by BTA Bank, was fully restored to the client.
Julia graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University Faculty of Law, and in addition to practicing law, she lectures at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE). Julia regularly speaks at business conferences on corporate law and bankruptcy matters, and she has authored numerous pieces in professional legal journals.
Julia has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.
She is fluent in English.