21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Lev represents clients in complex legal proceedings, including corporate conflicts, and before oversight bodies. He has successfully challenged requirements to suspend business operations on several occasions.
Recent projects have included:
- Representing an oil company shareholder in a protracted corporate conflict over the loss of the shareholders’ register.
- Protecting a shareholder’s interests in disputes over the return of shares stolen through a series of transactions, and the restoration of corporate control.
- Representing Alvarez & Marsal in its role as receiver for the assets of BTA Bank, in disputes over restoring corporate control of Vitino seaport.
- Representing Togliattiazot in disputes with shareholders over demands for information, recovery of losses, share claims, etc.
- Developing a successful pre-trial strategy and advising the client on the prospects for legal proceedings in conjunction with a counterparty’s intent to walk away from a deal to acquire a block of shares.
- Protecting the interests of Sakhalin Energy in a multibillion dispute with Rosneft over access to an LNG pipeline.
- Representing European financial corporation in disputes over the repayment of a US $ 100m-plus loan.
- Representing a private individual in a precedent-setting legal dispute to recover funds from a bank that were stolen from an account by using a fake notarised power of attorney.
- Successfully protecting the interests of Allianz against a group of fraudsters trying to claim more than RUB 1bn from the company.
- Protecting the interests of Transammiak in a landmark dispute relating to an ammonia leak from the Togliatti-Odessa ammonia pipeline in Voronezh region.
Lev graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University, School of Law, and completed a master’s degree at the Russian School of Private Law. He has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association and teaches a course in practical jurisprudence at the Higher School of Economics.